Monday 6 September 2010

CCCB Week 20 - Let Your Light Shine

This week's theme is "Let Your Light Shine". The challenge is to create a project with either the word "light" in it or has an image of something that gives light on it (sun, moon, lamp, light bulb, lighthouse, etc.).


When I saw this challenge, I immediately knew I was going to do a layout on Aiden's love for the song "You are my Sunshine". Here is my take on it.




I printed the titles and journaling directly onto the card stock.



Used the Marvy markers directly on stamp, huffed on it and stamped onto the card stock. Added Glossy Accent to the centre of the flowers.




The journaling is hidden in the layered pouch above. It reads as follows:


"Since 2008, Aiden’s favourite song has been “You Are My Sunshine”. He will sing (only the chorus) it to anyone who asks him to sing a song, especially Thatha and Ammamma.


For his Daddy's fortieth birthday, Paul compiled a video where friends and family would say a few words. When it was Aiden's turn he said he wanted to sing "Happy Birthday" to Daddy. However, when the video was turned on, he started singing "You Are My Sunshine".


He also went on stage and sang this song in front of all the guests at David and Donnamarie’s wedding reception on 9 April 2010. This song is also always requested by Aiden when he gets into Daddy’s car."


When I started this layout, I wanted to know the original singer and writer of this song and googled it. Only then did I realise that there was a bit of a controversy about this and hence there is a pouch for the history of this song, and of course also one for the lyrics. I like the pouch idea, so you will definitely be seeing it again

Supplies:
Card stock - Bazzill Bling Card, BG Basics Tally-Bas, Ivory
Title Font - SA Inkspot
Journaling Font - Rough Typewriter
BG Rub On
TH Distress ink pad - Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey
AL Clear Stamps - Word Flourishes by Rhonna Farrer
Clear Button
ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink pad - French Blue
Marvy Brush markers - 13 Ochre, 25 Bottle Green
Sunflower border stamp (not sure from where)
Silhouette image - sun_1577
Glossy Accent

3 comments:

  1. OH wow, what a project!!! I love that song, I remember singing it to put my kids to sleep when they were little! Your lovely project brings back lots of memories, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous lo!!! I love it in every way!! The story behind it is soooooo sweet!! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout ... what a sweet little boy too ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete