Thursday 21 October 2010

Cards for Kids

 click HERE to get details.

A few months ago, Aiden and I made cards for 13 kids who are unwell. Here are some of the cards we made:

I made this card for the parents of each child. I cannot imagine what the parents must go through as some of these are very ill with advanced stages of cancer.

Aiden helped me make a card with a joke on the front (and punch line on the inside) for each child and their respective sibling(s). Aiden chose the embossing folder and helped with the embossing of the cards with the Cuttlebug. He also coloured the images on the front of the card (since I was cutting it out it did not matter if the colouring was not perfectly within the lines), contributed some of the jokes and wrote the message inside each card. It took forever but we made these cards over six weeks. It was fun to craft with him...most of the time:)

I also made each child and their respective sibling(s) a card with their name on the front with Penny Black's alphabet with animals stamps. Aiden helped colour these alphabets. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of these cards. Anyhow since there were so many cards (74 in total), I made a box for each child, so the cards for each family are together. Aiden helped me make the dots on the boxes with a white gel pen. It looks like a lot of work (it is) but it is one of those things that you can do while watching TV.

Many craft companies out there have offered prizes to encourage people to make cards for these kids. The smiles that these cards will bring to a child's face is reason enough to make a card. But the lovely gals who organised this card for kids drive, chose to send me a wonderful package of Nikki Sivils goodies. I will surely be making cards with these gorgeous papers and stamps and posting them on my blog soon. There is another card for kids drive - see HERE for details. Please join, if you can.



And finally and most importantly, please keep these kids in mind and say a prayer for them.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Angela (and Aiden) you have both worked so hard making the cards and I will most certainly remember these poorly children in my prayers, Mary

    ReplyDelete