Sunday 17 October 2010

A very crafty Sunday

I have managed to get a few hours of craft in today and made a couple of cards - thanks to my sister and brother-in-law having the boys for a few hours. Thanks Diana and Stephen:) 


The first card is made for two challenges: Colour Throwdown #114 and City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 26.






I will be making more of the above card as thank you cards for my son's recent birthday party. I designed a card that he could help me make. He loves to help with the stamping and punching. He finds it easier to punch with Martha Stewart punches than Woodware punches.

How to: Stamp the background with HA Designer Woodgrain with TH Distress Ink Pad Walnut Stain. Use another two stamps (HA Heart Flourish and HA Swirl with Flowers) and ink with TH Distress Ink Pad (Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Vintage Photo). Then spritz with pearlised water (Perfect Pearl plus water in a mini mister) and stamp onto saffron coloured card and dry with heat gun. The pearlised water gives the image a shine. Then use the Martha Stewart butterfly punch. Use foam applicator and add some colour to the edges of the butterfly. Then adhere all components of the cards as above.


The second card I made is for ColourQ Challenge.


I have used the HA Large Flower cling stamp on soooo many of my cards. I just love the versatility of the stamp. I used parts of the flower for the leaves. The background was stamped with Inkadinkadoo Letre stamp with Anna Griffin Green ink pad. I stamped the flowers on coloured cards with StazOn blank ink and added some colour with TH Distress inks, dusty concord and spiced marmalade. For the 'leaves' I used TH Distress inks, shabby shutters and peeled paint. Added some pearls and the DeNami 'Congratulations' stamp was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink pad.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love both of them. The card for ColourQ uses our colors nicely. thanks for playing this week, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love it simplicity, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. LOVE those butterflies!! Very pretty with the swirls, the diff. colors, and the sheen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the simplicity of this card ... it looks so elegant ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simple elegance of both cards! SO pretty :] Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous cards!! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the butterfly thank you card. It's very lovely! - Carryn & Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, your card would have won my vote for the colourQ challenge!

    ReplyDelete