Monday 18 October 2010

A quick card for CD80

Here is a quick card that I needed to make for a friend, Gareth who got married early this month..... better late than never. So I decided to make a card that would also coincide with the colours of The Color Dare challenge.



How to: I started with Brown Bazzill card stock and some vanilla card stock. Stamped the HA hydrangea stamp with black memento ink and coloured with Copic markers. Added highlights to the petals in the middle with white crayola colour pencils (yes, I used my son's colour pencils and it surprisingly colours well) and cut out image. I cut a piece of vanilla card stock slightly smaller that the base card and stamped with HA Friends definition cling background stamp. To get a lighter image I stamped off the brown ink on a scrap paper before stamping on the vanilla card stock. Then stamped the HA Congratulations stamp and machine stitched it to the base card. Adhered the flower with foam pads and tied a vanilla coloured ribbon to the stem of the flower. I wanted to tie a bow but it was too fiddly, so I settled for a knot. That's my quick and simple card. I tend to like my cards simple, hope you like it too.

2 comments:

  1. So stunning! Great colouring. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete