Tuesday 17 August 2010

Welcome to my blog

This is the first post to my brand new blog. I shall start by sharing a few cards that I have made over the last two weeks. 

Last week I baked a lemon drizzle cake for a friend as she had some guests. I also included the card below with a recipe card - ingredients on one side and the method on the other.




Below are some of the cards that I made for the Card for Kids Card Drive. As there was a couple of cards for each child and their respective sibling(s) and a card for the parents, I made a box for each of the 13 children so it would be easier to disseminate. There was one card with the name of the child on the front and the second card was from my son, Aiden, who is almost five. The second card had a joke/riddle on the front with the punch line/answer on the inside. Aiden also 'helped' me colour the pictures on the front of the card and wrote each card, 31 cards in total to each child...which took forever! We had fun though - which is what counts.


This card was for the parents of each child that is unwell.

Here is a few more random cards that I made.




Off late I just love to include some stitching to my cards. I think it adds so much to the card that you could leave it without too much further embellishment.

Do leave a comment and let me know what you think? Bye for now.



8 comments:

  1. Nice Blog Angela,

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, love the cards. what a great idea about the recipe card! Looking forward to more!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are soooo lovely!!!! Very, very, very nice! - Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fancy some of that lemon cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cards are gorgeous, lovely idea to blog images of all your crafts. Rani

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a regular recipient of both her cards and recipes I can honestly say that Angela's cards are even better in the flesh. I only wish I had her talent and skill. Good on you with the blog I look forward to the regular updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the blue-green colour combo. My lil' girl, Carryn, looovvves the cards with the daisies so much that she's already planning to make a card with such flowers for her teacher! Lovely! - Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buttons and stitches - lovely. It's marvellous -tat u manage to get them so neatly, well done! - Lynnn.

    ReplyDelete