Friday 20 August 2010

Scrap Your Crap Challenge #56

I hardly ever scrapbook nowadays. To get into the flow of it, I decided to enter challenges over the next few weeks. This does two things - firstly it gives me a deadline to work towards and secondly it provides me a guide to start the page. 



This challenge is about using tape. However, I did not have tape, but I improvised. I stamped part of the title onto card stock and put cellophane tape over it.

The chipboard alphabets had holes in them which I plugged with large snaps which are a cross between eyelets and brads. A special thank you to my sister-in-law, Fiona who gave me those snaps. The chipboard had a shiny surface which I sanded to remove the smoothness so that it would hold the ink.


Here is a close up of the stitching on the page -straight stitches and ziz zag stitches.


Here is a close up of the photo corner which is a quickutz die cut.


Supplies:
Basic Bazzill Cardstock
We R Memory Keepers  - Large round and square snaps in Real Racy colour
Li'l Davis Designs - Love Affair Charming Chipboard alphabet Perfect White
StazOn Solvent Ink - Azure
Kaiser Craft Patterned Paper - Reminiscing P200 Recollect
Colorbox  Fluid Chalk Ink Pad - Chestnut Roan
Brown thread for machine stitching
Quickutz photo corner die
Autumn Leaves clear stamps -Stitched journaling panels by Maryann Wise

4 comments:

  1. What a fun & cute layout, Angela! I love hearing about another scrapper's process in creating a layout. Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Crap!
    (I was able to find your layout, but the link isn't showing up in your comment? you may want to try to leave it again)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing, and way to improvise! Your layout is so cute. I love all the stitching~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVe how you improvised...and the letters are to die for!! Thanks for playing along with us at SYC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love what you did with the lettering!! Those journalling circles are awesome! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Crap!

    ReplyDelete