Tuesday 12 March 2013

Word collages - Love Truly

I initially made a word collage as a gift for a friend last summer. My first word collage took quite a few tries to get the colour combination that appealed to me. The words in this word collage are phrases that kind of sum up my views of life.

This is the first one I made. I put it in a frame and hung it in may kitchen for a few days to see if it was the one I was going to gift - it was not.



I like this colour combination (the one below), but as I stuck it down, a little of the glue seeped out - so I ended up not gifting this but kept it for myself. So I have this till today hanging in my kitchen.



This one below is the final colour combination that I finally decided upon. I do not have a picture of it framed. I cut out the 'Love Truly' in velvet paper to make it a little special.


Since then I have made a few more as everyone who saw it hanging in my kitchen liked it so much that I made them one to order - as in the colours that would suit the room in which they were going to hang it in. I wish I had taken pictures of each and everyone of them. I shall next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment